It's been a while since I've posted a nail art tutorial but the lighting is so dark after school to take pictures. I've had exams this week and they've all been finished before 3pm so I've had time to make one! I was reading the lovely Megan's blog and loved her snowflake nails, so I was inspired to do my own! Colourwise, I was inspired by the movie 'Frozen' which I seen last week. It was the first animated movie I've seen in years but I loved it! Want to achieve this frosty look? Keep reading!
You Will Need;
-light blue nail polish
-dark blue nail polish
-white nail art pen
-silver glitter nail polish
-cocktail stick/dotting tool
What I Used;
-essie 'bikini so teeny'
-china glaze 'skyscraper'
-cheap white nail art pen
- essence special effect nail art topper 'hello holo'
-dotting tool off ebay
I find it best to apply a basecoat before painting my nails, and a topcoat after. The basecoat stops the polish from staining your nails, and the topcoat will make it last longer and appear glossier. I use a Sally Hansen nail hardener as my basecoat, and an Essence topcoat.
1. Paint your nails with two coats of sky blue nail polish
2. For an ombre effect, on a piece of paper, drop some of the light blue and dark blue nail polish beside eachother. Using your dotting tool or some sort of stick, mix them together in the middle. It should look like this!;
3. Dip your sponge into this. I cut off a bit of sponge off a brillo pad! Lightly pat the sponge onto your nail, concentrating on the top of your nail.
4. When that's dry, draw a snowflake on your nail using white nail polish. I varied the design; a full snowflake on my ring finger and thumb, small snowflakes on my pinkie and half snowflakes on the rest. Google snow flake images if you're stuck for ideas!
5. Last but not least, lightly apply some glitter nail polish, but not too much that you can't see the design!