I find it best to apply a basecoat before painting my nails, and a topcoat after. The basecoat stops the polish from staining your nails, and the topcoat will make it last longer and appear glossier. I use an Essence basecoat, and an Essence topcoat.
1. Paint your nails with two coats of your chosen white polish so it's opaque.
2. Taking a nail art brush, apply blue stripes in different directions on your nails as shown above.
3. Repeat again with the pastel purple polish, like in the picture above.
4. And again with your lemon polish! By now your nails should be 80% coloured in with only some white visible.
5. The last and trickiest part is applying the aztec design with the black nail art pen. This certainly requires patience! You can make up your own design or you can replicate mine;
And there you have it! Pretty pastel nails in time for Easter.
Are you as excited to eat lots of chocolate this weekend as I am?
*Don't forget- if you love my style, nominate me for Best Teen Style Blogger in the Company Style Blogger awards here!*
Items marked with a * were sent to me for consideration. All views are my own! Read my full disclaimer here.