Fashion and lifestyle blog by Irish stylist & journalism student Rachel Farrell.
5 Reasons Why I Love Autumn
Autumn is my favorite season of the year- the fashion stakes are high, it's not as cold as Winter and it's the start of a new school year. Of course, I wouldn't say I enjoy returning back to school after the long days of lounging around and doing nothing- but it's a sign of new beginnings. A time to make a change, to rid of old habits. It's weird to think that this is my last year of school. 12 years of school- that's 12 years of my school in a classroom, not including the years I hope to spend in University! Next Autumn, I could be setting off on a new adventure to Uni- who knows. Anyways, below are 5 reasons why I adore Autumn (and why you should too!). I enjoy reading a lot of lifestyle blogs, so I thought it would be refreshing to try one of my own, and also branch out in terms of photography. Let me know what you think of these kind of posts in the comments below!
1. Comfy socks & boots: There's nothing I love more than boots- and I own my fair share of them! Ankle boots, Dr Martens, knee high.. I just can't wait for the those days when you can wear boots with every outfit- as well as cozy socks, or 'slipper socks' as we call them in our house. They're just oh-so fluffy and divine. Is it time to stock up on the €3 offerings from Penneys yet?
2. Candles: Ok, I realise you can light candles at any time of year and they'll still look pretty, but I only ever seem to remember in the colder months. My current favorite is a vanilla one I picked up in Ikea for a ridiculously low price, but I also love the mini candles from the Yankee Candle shop!
3. Autumn fashion: I'll admit- the main reason I love the Fall season so much is because of the clothes. Layering, boots (as mentioned above..), hats and scarves- they all sound perfect to me! My Summer style is usually a bit jumbled, but in Autumn I seem to be able to create outfits in my head a lot easier. It's just my season, simple as that!
4. TV shows: All my favorite programmes tend to return in Autumn, and I love when my TV schedule is full to the brim (I'm a bit of a couch potato!). This year, I'm anticipating the return of Downton Abbey, Mr Selfridge, The X Factor and I'm A Celebrity Get Me Outta Here. Popcorn, anyone?
5. Hot chocolate: Although I've yet to have my first cup of the season yet, I absolutely can't wait for the return of hot chocolate into my life. Butlers white hot chocolate is calling my name- no cream and some marshmallows please!